Thursday, March 19, 2009

Remember When the Raptors Used to Better than the Bobcats?


So this is what the good old day have become? A time in which the Raptors could beat the Charlotte Bobcats? An expansion team that has had four miserable seasons in which they weren't nearly close to make the playoffs. Yes those were the good times.

Even though the Bobcats are eleven games under the 500. mark (29-38) they are still very much in the race for the 8th spot in a weak Eastern conference (at least after the 4th place). Now how did Michael Jordan do this? First he got Larry Brown. I know he coached the Pistons into an NBA, but I never really had respect for him. Might be because of his public feuds with Marbury back in his New York stint or his very dry attitude. Anyhow he has brought a winning attitude to the youngsters in the team. Jordan then trades away Jason Richardson for Bell and Diaw and Adam Morrison for Radmanovic , suddenly you have a pretty decent NBA team. I want to see the Bobcats get the 8th spot this year.

I tried to talk about anything but the Raptors last game, but I know I would eventually have to say something about it. The Raptors were terrible. There's no doubt about it. They took away that smile I had in my face after the win on Sunday afternoon. 48 hours haven't even passed. Suddenly the green jerseys start to look like that unappealing colour that a NyQuil bottle has, then again this team makes me want to drink a whole bottle of NyQuil. I blame the Raptors for this addiction!

Wallace or Marion?
The man was putting up numbers in all stat categories 25 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals and 1 block. To think that Bryan Colangelo didn't trade T.J Ford for Wallace last year because Charlotte didn't add a secpund round pick is mindbottling. He's been better than O'neal and Marion this whole season. The "what if" situation just keep popping into my head!

Remember the New York Game?
Anybody else remember those two back-to-back games we had against New York? One humiliating game in the road for the Raptors and then a Redemption song for the Raptors. I don't this what will happen in this next game, but we usually bounce back after this types of games.

Not that Mad for March Madness
I know most basketball fan are excited about the NCAA basketball playoff, but I have never really been into College basketball. Not sure who the final four will be, but Memphis is looking pretty good. The finals will be better than any upcoming Raptors game that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment